This is an issue I've been meaning to address for a while.
SO MANY people have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep most nights. It can be debilitating and extremely frustrating going through this. We all have a busy life, with lots to do. Getting a good night's sleep is essential to function properly and stay healthy.
There are numerous things to consider when trying to better your overall sleep, including evaluating stress, worry, diet, hormones, timing of eating/drinking, etc. Sometimes the ability to get a good night's sleep comes down to a easing a wandering mind and being able to put yourself into relaxation.
Here are a few things to consider:
1. Don't eat or drink much an hour before you plan on going to sleep.
2. Sometimes exercising a few hours before bedtime can help calm the body at night.
3. Try to avoid over-stimulating activities before bedtime, like fast-paced TV, video games, iPad or iPhone games.
Calming things to do 1-hour before you plan to sleep:
1. Puzzles (this is my new favorite....check out the app "Magic Puzzles", it's FREE!) or other puzzle-type games or brain-teasers.
2. Listen to music, read or write. I swear, reading is bed is like a sedative for me.
3. Do some light to moderate exercise, like walking, a short jog, stretching, yoga, etc.
4. Sip warm, calming tea (don't drink too much though, you want to avoid multiple bathroom trips).
5. Take a soothing shower or bath, use this time to nurture yourself a little bit (Epsom salts, fancy soaps, stay in there for longer-than-normal).
Essential Oil Blend for Better Sleep
This is not a complicated blend, and it shouldn't be.
We don't want to overload the nasal receptors, we just want to sleep!
These two soothing oils keep it simple.
Carrier Oil Base:
Essential Oil Blend:
Hello, I'm Julie.
Discover the wisdom of yoga and how it can bring nourishment, well-being and a deeper connection to all aspects of your life.